Taste test: This movie-themed special edition of Oreos had a lot in common with the green version associated with the same movie, sporting an altered Oreo logo, colored filling, "glitter" in the filling that didn't actually glitter and Trolls World Tour-related designs on one of the two cookie faces. The differences started with the filling, which was bright purplish pink instead of green, but the change of the cookies from chocolate to Golden Oreo was far more significant from a snacking perspective. Some of the face designs were different ("Music is Life" stayed, but headphones and some other musical design that didn't ring any bells for me replaced the cassette and CD). This time, there were no Pop Rocks in the filling.
I poured myself some cold milk and grabbed two sandwiches, then crunched in to find a very nice sweet taste, probably no different from Golden Oreos, but still quite enjoyable with milk.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same as Golden Oreos
From the package: “Oreo and Trolls World Tour limited edition cookies” ... “Scan the QR code to unlock a playful Trolls experience using your Oreo cookie!”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2020.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road