Taste test: These very odd cookies from Trader Joe's were quite good!
The box contained a tray holding 16 cookies shaped like five-pointed stars, with a chocolate coating on one side and stripes of chocolate on the other. So they were kind of like Keebler's Fudge Stripes but in a different shape. Except not like that, because they added something entirely different — bits of "Popping Candy" (more commonly known by the brand name Pop Rocks) attached to the surfaces. The result was a big hit among the snackers who tried one, with a nice light crunch from the cookie, lots of delicious chocolate and then cool popping noises that felt like they're all over our heads. Fun and delicious!
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice chocolate smell.
From the package: “Chocolate-Coated Sugar Cookies Covered In Popping Candy” ... “Some shooting stars are so large they make crackling noises as they enter earth's atmosphere. These cookies may not be exospheric in origin, but their crackling, crispy texture is other-worldly, indeed.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road