Taste test: This flavor of pastry Crisps looked to be intending to taste like Oreos, based on the choice of chocolate cookies and creme filling, plus the depiction of an Oreo knockoff on the front of the box. We peeled open one of the six individual wrappers to find that the two bars stacked inside had more a grayish black look than the brownish black of both Oreos and the Pastry Crisps pictured on the box. Each bar had some dark wiggles of chocolate frosting on top.
We crunched in to find a soft, light feel and a fairly sweet sugary taste that was only slightly chocolatey. The taste was OK, but it really wasn't much like Oreos, and not as good. These went OK with some cold milk, but not nearly as well as Oreos. Nothing special here — not one that we would buy again.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of milky chocolatey and sweet, not bad.
From the package: “Indulge Your Cravings with the sweet taste of cookies & crème in a delightfully crispy, chocolatey pastry. Enjoy two Special K® Pastry Crisps for 100 calories... and say yes to your sweet tooth.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road