Taste test: Continuing a year of unprecedented growth in new flavors, Oreo has unleashed this ice cream-themed flavor right on the heels of one based on the Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake bar. In this case, they've modified the standard Oreo by putting tiny marshmallows within the chocolate cookie (visible as white spots from the outside) and replacing the white creme with a chocolate creme that also featured some bits of soy nuts.
I crunched in to find that the changes brought both chewiness and crunchiness to the round sandwiches — ironically making the crunchy cookies chewy when encountering the marshmallow, and the smooth creme crunchy when encountering the soy nuts. Neither of those additions were present in huge quantity, but there was enough of each to be quite noticeable. Overall, it was a lot of chocolate, but the extra stuff did give it the Rocky Road feel and taste. I'd recommend this one with cold mild, which worked great for me.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly marshmallow, overpowering the chocolate.
From the package: “Cookie with marshmallow bits & rocky road flavored creme with soy nut inclusions” ... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (151 snacks)
- Chocolate (1756 snacks)
- Cookies (605 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Sandwiches (275 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road