Taste test: Continuing a year of unprecedented growth in new flavors, Oreo has unleashed this ice cream-themed flavor right on the heels of one based on the Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake bar. In this case, they've modified the standard Oreo by putting tiny marshmallows within the chocolate cookie (visible as white spots from the outside) and replacing the white creme with a chocolate creme that also featured some bits of soy nuts.
I crunched in to find that the changes brought both chewiness and crunchiness to the round sandwiches — ironically making the crunchy cookies chewy when encountering the marshmallow, and the smooth creme crunchy when encountering the soy nuts. Neither of those additions were present in huge quantity, but there was enough of each to be quite noticeable. Overall, it was a lot of chocolate, but the extra stuff did give it the Rocky Road feel and taste. I'd recommend this one with cold mild, which worked great for me.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly marshmallow, overpowering the chocolate.
From the package: “Cookie with marshmallow bits & rocky road flavored creme with soy nut inclusions” ... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (135 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road