Taste test: I don't usually seek out reduced-fat snacks, but lately I've been keeping close track of the Oreos shelf for new flavors, and after years of simply ignoring this variety, I decided it warranted a review.
I opened the package (using the convenient pull tab on top!) and grabbed some cookies to find that they looked just like regular Oreos, with the same marking on the outside. I bit in to find that the texture wasn't quite the same. The cookies seemed less brittle, and the creme seemed less creamy. They weren't bad, as the taste was similar to the full-fat Oreos, plenty chocolatey, but the creme had a slightly different flavor to it.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Seems slightly different than the regular Oreos smell. but not bd
From the package: “35% less fat than original Oreo” ... “I think you've earned this” ... “Wonderfilled”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published April 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road