Pure Chocolate Whippet
Taste test: These are the Canadian version of the elusive Mallomars.
This box contained a tray with 15 thick cookies, arranged in three rows of five. Each round piece consisted of a thin, soft round cookie covered by a lot of soft, light marshmallow, with the whole thing coated on all sides by dark chocolate. I thought they were quite good. The inner cookie was thinner than in the Mallomars, the marshmallow seemed more melty and less spongy, and the chocolate coating was less melty. As a result, I was able to eat my way through a Whippet very quickly, and I usually ended up eating more than one at a time. Very good.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular dark chocolate smell.
From the package: “Product of Canada” ... “Family Owned” ... “enbrod with pure chocolate” ... “Since its creation by the Viau family in 1927, the irresistibly sinful taste of Dare Pure Chocolate Whippet has been Quebec's favorite cookie for generations! Whippet is a heavenly cloud-like marshmallow cookie that is smothered in a pure dark chocolate for a taste that is sure to satisfy your every desire.”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Company: Dare Foods
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Chocolate (1810 snacks)
- Cookies (642 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (136 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road