Taste test: This limited flavor from Oreo — not to be confused with the previous limited edition Peppermint from four years ago — looked mostly like regular Oreos, with the standard markings on the two cookies and a white filling, but they did add a fairly sparse collection of red specks inside the filling. The description on the package gave it away that the creme itself was actually peppermint flavored and that the red stuff was really crunchy bits of sugar, rather than bits of crushed candy cane like some other Peppermint Bark-themed snacks.
I crunched in to find a tasty mix of chocolate and mint, a good taste that was about as good as the various other mint Oreos. The peppermint didn't seem as sharp as I would expect from peppermint bark, but it was still very minty. When I pulled a cookie apart and licked off the creme, I could feel the slight crunchiness of the red bits, but the extra crunch was only slightly noticeable amid the cookie crunch when eating it as a sandwich — a far cry from the solid crunch of real peppermint bark. Still, a good one.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like all of the other mint Oreos. Very nice!
From the package: “Peppermint flavored creme with crunchy sugar crystals” ... “Limited edition” ... “Artificially flavored” ... “Always made with real cocoa”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road