Taste test: This follow-up to last year's original Peeps Oreo gets more effort points than the original, as they didn't use just the standard Oreo cookie designs, instead presenting a new Peeps-themed design for one side of each sandwich while keeping the standard Oreo markings on the other. The package showed a sandwich with a chicken-shaped Peeps design, but there were actually two different designs inside, as half the cookies depicted a Peeps bunny surrounded by butterflies.
For tasting purposes, the bigger change here was that instead of using Golden Oreo cookies, they used the more conventional chocolate ones. The filling was a light lavender color, a bit less garish than the bright pink in the other ones. I crunched in to find that the taste was pretty good, with a mild sweet fruitiness added to the usual chocolate Oreo taste. It didn't go as far down the marshmallow Peeps flavor direction as the other one, but it was a nice taste that still allowed the Oreo chocolate to shine.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, a hint of fruitiness added to the original Oreo smell.
From the package: “with Marshmallow Peeps® Flavor Creme artificially flavored” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (640 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (285 snacks)
- Easter Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road