Taste test: This version of Oreos was rather shocking, based on the looks of the package alone — it pushed the design envelope far more than the other Oreo limited editions, so much so that when I first saw it online, I assumed it was just another fake Internet Oreo flavor. But oh, it was for real.
For each sandwich, they took two Golden Oreo cookies and put a bright purplish pink Peeps filling in between. I crunched in to my first sandwich to find lots of sweetness, as the filling tasted remotely like a Peeps marshmallow, except Oreo filling is far denser than Peeps. The sweetness stayed around for an extra-sweet aftertaste. Not as marshmallowy as I had hoped, but also not as bad as I had feared!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very sweet, but not particularly marshmallow-like.
From the package: “with Marshmallow Peeps® flavor creme artificially flavored” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (150 snacks)
- Cookies (596 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Sandwiches (268 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (129 snacks)
- Easter Snacks (45 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road