Taste test: This version of Oreos was rather shocking, based on the looks of the package alone — it pushed the design envelope far more than the other Oreo limited editions, so much so that when I first saw it online, I assumed it was just another fake Internet Oreo flavor. But oh, it was for real.
For each sandwich, they took two Golden Oreo cookies and put a bright purplish pink Peeps filling in between. I crunched in to my first sandwich to find lots of sweetness, as the filling tasted remotely like a Peeps marshmallow, except Oreo filling is far denser than Peeps. The sweetness stayed around for an extra-sweet aftertaste. Not as marshmallowy as I had hoped, but also not as bad as I had feared!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very sweet, but not particularly marshmallow-like.
From the package: “with Marshmallow Peeps® flavor creme artificially flavored” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (135 snacks)
- Easter Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published February 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road