Taste test: We discovered this box of Indonesia-made Oreos alongside another dubbed Mildly Sweet Oreo. This one itself didn't seem all that notable on its face, but a direct comparison against the Mildly Sweet ones seemed in order, and while we're at it, we might as well see if there's a difference between the North American-made original Oreos and this Asian version.
The square-profile box looked to contain one stack of Oreos. And indeed it did, but the first surprise when we opened it was that it wasn't filled directly with Oreos, nor with a simple clear plastic bag holding the stack of cookies. Instead, there was a shelf-worthy foil tube that appeared to meet the same labeling requirements as the box — except with different languages. The tube included Indonesian, Thai and Vietnamese; the box was in Chinese and English.
The tube contained 14 sandwiches, and they looked just like what we expect Oreos to look like. We crunched in to find a taste that seemed the same and texture that was close but not quite the same. The feel was a little less brittle than what we know as Oreos, so the crunch was different, but the experience was still quite recognizable as Oreos. What about the Mildly Sweet ones? Read that review!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Oreos smell, nice.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Indonesia (15 reviews)
- Chocolate (1775 snacks)
- Cookies (623 snacks)
- Sandwiches (279 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road