Taste test: These Oreo sandwiches looked from the outside like Golden Oreos, with their beige cookies and white filing, but the picture on the front revealed that the center of the filling was yellowish. I pulled open a sandwich to find that the filling looked like a sunny-side-up egg.
When I crunched in, there was a sweet taste that could reasonably described as resembling a waffle with syrup and butter. If it hadn't been named that way, I'm not sure I would have guessed it correctly, though. The syrup was more like a cheap sugary syrup than fancier one like Log Cabin or Mrs. Butterworth's, and it didn't taste like maple much at all. Not spectacular, but still a fun flavor.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like buttery syrup with waffles. But not like maple.
From the package: “Ingredients: Sugar, Unbleached Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid) Palm and/or Canola Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Baking Soda, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Natural Flavor, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Caramel Color.”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (151 snacks)
- Cookies (602 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Sandwiches (273 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (68 snacks)
- Waffles (29 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Daisy Chow at Shaw's at Boston University. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road