Taste test: These limited-edition Oreos are evidently a Kroger exclusive, and they mark a return to the Oreo practice of splitting the filling between two different flavor/colors, as we've previously seen in Cotton Candy, Candy Corn, Caramel Apple and Watermelon. The cookies were of the Golden Oreo variety. The peanut butter filling was almost the same color as the cookie, and the jelly was kind of dark purplish.
Because of the split filling configuration, it was easy to tell which of the fillings I was biting into by looking at the edge. I bit in first on the PB side, and the taste was a lot like a Nutter Butter. As for the jelly, it was sweet and fruity, but it really didn't feel or taste much like jelly. Pulling one open, it certainly didn't look like jelly — it looked like the usual congealed creme filling, except purple. Taking a bite that included both fillings was a good mix of tastes, but it only remotely reminded me of a PB&J sandwich. Not bad, but I do wonder why they didn't try using actual jelly, which seems to this cookie eater (who knows little about cookie manufacturing) to be a workable way to deliver a far better PB&J experience.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like peanut butter cookies with jelly, but not quite like a PB&J sandwich.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Peanut Butter flavor creme + Jelly flavor creme = PB&J cookie magic”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (150 snacks)
- Cookies (596 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (423 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (339 snacks)
- Sandwiches (268 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at ebay. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road