For this head-turning flavor, they enclosed the sandwich with neither the original chocolate cookies, nor the Golden Oreo cookies. Instead they turned to the graham cracker cookies first found in the S'mores ones. Each sandwich had the standard Oreo makings on the outside faces, with a bright green filling in between. We crunched in to find a strong, sweet lime flavor, reasonably close to the taste of a key lime pie. The graham cracker cookies were a nice touch to similar a pie crust. Certainly a bold and sweet taste, but a pretty good one.
When we shared these around, snackers were eager to try one. Some people compared the taste to Froot Loops and Lucky Charms, and just about everyone liked them.
The youngest snacker on hand, 3-year-old Tommy (who will eat any gummy candy put in front of him), said that the cookies tasted like glue. When asked how often he eats glue, Tommy had no comment.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sugary lime smell. Strong.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road