Taste test: These Oreos from Japan took the same form factor as the Macadamia Nuts ones, with a small, dome-profile bar shape, rather than anything remotely round or sandwich-like. Don't confuse them with the Berry Oreos, which had the conventional Oreo shape (and kind of passively disassociated themselves with any specific berries, despite the picture of strawberry).
Each individually foil-wrapped cookie was about an inch and a half long, with sloping sides and a lumpy top. I bit in to find that the crunch of the bar had an Oreo cookie feel most of them time, but a look at the profile of a bitten-into bar showed that there was various elements in different shades of brown on the interior, though no red (presumably strawberry) spots as it showed on the picture on the bag. There was also a very thin milk chocolate coating all over. The strawberry was not the dominant flavor here, and the fruitiness seemed most evident in the aftertaste. Pretty good, best enjoyed with some cold milk.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, strawberry-like smell.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (150 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (169 reviews)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Cookies (596 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (423 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (76 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road