Taste test: These Oreos from Japan took the same form factor as the Macadamia Nuts ones, with a small, dome-profile bar shape, rather than anything remotely round or sandwich-like. Don't confuse them with the Berry Oreos, which had the conventional Oreo shape (and kind of passively disassociated themselves with any specific berries, despite the picture of strawberry).
Each individually foil-wrapped cookie was about an inch and a half long, with sloping sides and a lumpy top. I bit in to find that the crunch of the bar had an Oreo cookie feel most of them time, but a look at the profile of a bitten-into bar showed that there was various elements in different shades of brown on the interior, though no red (presumably strawberry) spots as it showed on the picture on the bag. There was also a very thin milk chocolate coating all over. The strawberry was not the dominant flavor here, and the fruitiness seemed most evident in the aftertaste. Pretty good, best enjoyed with some cold milk.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, strawberry-like smell.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road