Taste test: These Oreos used a noticeably different formula than some other limited editions that split a single filling layer into two types (like Candy Corn Oreo, PB&J Oreo or Jelly Donut Oreo), as this one instead had two thinner layers stacked on top of each other. Depending on which way you hold the cookie, it was a white layer over a brown layer, or the other way around.
I bit in to find a whole lot of chocolate, very nice. But despite the two huge marshmallows pictured in the mug on the package — and the use of marshmallows to replace the letter O three times in the words "Hot Cocoa" — it didn't taste like the white layer provided any marshmallow taste. It seemed to be the standard Oreo creme. Nor did the combination really taste like a cup of hot chocolate. Basically, it tasted like a regular Oreo with a little more chocolate and a little less creme. With all of that chocolate, I would highly recommend some cold milk. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely different from regular Oreos, and probably because of the inclusion of chocolate creme, but it didn't really smell like hot chocolate.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Always made with real cocoa” ... “At Oreo we ???? cocoa so we use real cocoa in every chocolatey Oreo cookie we make” ... “Wonderfilled”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road