Taste test: This limited-edition Oreo was based on the popular ice cream bar, delivering a strawberry filling between two specially modified Golden Oreo cookies (more on those later). This marked the second time we're aware of that Oreo attempted to match a particular ice cream treat, the previous being a DQ Blizzard version.
I crunched in to find a nice crunch and a sugary strawberry taste that was a good match for the Strawberry Shorcake bars. It was a bit on the sweet side, and it lacked any real substitute for the vanilla ice cream layer that the bar uses to balance out that fruity sweetness, so I'd recommend with a glass of cold milk. (I used chocolate milk, which worked well too.)
The cookies enclosing the sandwich were described as "cookie with strawberry flavored bits," but from the outside, they looked like the standard Golden Oreo cookies. So I peeled open a sandwich to examine the cookie more closely from the inner side. There were some small, very sparse pinkish red bits embedded inside, but I'm not sure I could notice them making any difference in texture or taste.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong sweet strawberry smell, a good match for the Good Humor bar.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “cookie with strawberry flavored bits artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (152 snacks)
- Cookies (623 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Sandwiches (279 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road