Taste test: This box contained 12 sandwiches, similar in concept to the Fudge Covered Oreo and Fudge Covered Oreo Mint Creme, but in this case, they changed both the creme and coating to be dark chocolate-flavored. The coating didn't look super dark, maybe a hint darker than the non-dark chocolate ones.
I bit in to find quite a lot of chocolate to taste, and when I looked at the cross-section, I was struck by how dark the interior was — both the creme and cookie were quite a bit darker than the coating, and it was difficult to see where the cookie ended and creme began. As usual, I had my sandwich with some cold milk, and given how much chocolate there was here, in three different forms, I'd highly recommend this same combination when you inevitably decide it's time to eat some of these.
One oddity with this one was the same weird front-of-box note about the serving size (just one cookie!) as we saw on Fudge Covered Oreo Mint Creme.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, not really like dark chocolate.
From the package: “enlarged to show detail, serving size 1 cookie” ... “Dark chocolate fudge and flavor creme”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road