Taste test: We've eaten a lot of buzzworthy limited-edition Oreo flavors, but this one seemed to generate even more interest than most, promising to include Pop Rocks-like exploding candies within the chocolate-and-creme cookie sandwiches. They looked like regular Oreos, except that the white creme filling included some small red and blue bits, presumably the source of the fireworks.
I crunched in to find a typical Oreos taste and crunch, with no Pop Rocks sensation initially. After that, I felt some light explosions in the far reaches of my mouth. Not particularly intense, far less so than eating a handful of Pop Rocks, and actually less intense than eve the crunch of the cookies, plus less intense than the explosions in some candy bars that had a similar gimmick.
When I ate some more sandwiches later — out of general hunger, and less focused on gauging how prominent the popping was for the purposes of this review — the popping actually seemed more noticeable, though still quite subdued.
To isolate the source of the popping, I tried eating a separated cookie without filling. There was no popping, so the Pop Rocks did indeed reside in the filling, not the cookies.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just like regular Oreos.
From the package: “With popping candy!” .... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road