Taste test: We've eaten a lot of buzzworthy limited-edition Oreo flavors, but this one seemed to generate even more interest than most, promising to include Pop Rocks-like exploding candies within the chocolate-and-creme cookie sandwiches. They looked like regular Oreos, except that the white creme filling included some small red and blue bits, presumably the source of the fireworks.
I crunched in to find a typical Oreos taste and crunch, with no Pop Rocks sensation initially. After that, I felt some light explosions in the far reaches of my mouth. Not particularly intense, far less so than eating a handful of Pop Rocks, and actually less intense than eve the crunch of the cookies, plus less intense than the explosions in some candy bars that had a similar gimmick.
When I ate some more sandwiches later — out of general hunger, and less focused on gauging how prominent the popping was for the purposes of this review — the popping actually seemed more noticeable, though still quite subdued.
To isolate the source of the popping, I tried eating a separated cookie without filling. There was no popping, so the Pop Rocks did indeed reside in the filling, not the cookies.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just like regular Oreos.
From the package: “With popping candy!” .... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (151 snacks)
- Chocolate (1747 snacks)
- Cookies (601 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Sandwiches (272 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road