Taste test: I first encountered the concept of Cookie Butter at Trader Joe's when they started selling Speculoos Cookie Butter. I had no idea what it was, but I had to try, and when I did, I ended up eating quite a few spoonfuls of it straight from the jar. It had a texture similar to peanut butter, and was just as spreadable and came in both crunchy and smooth versions. I don't think I ever actually spread it onto anything — right off the spoon with milk worked great. When TJ's introduced a sandwich cookie filled with their cookie butter, I liked it just as much.
For this limited edition, Oreo used graham cracker-flavored cookies with a cookie butter filling. As with the TJ's cookies, the concept of cookies filled with a semi-liquified cookie substance makes my head spin a bit, but I can't complain, because the result was excellent. Way better than the Cookie Dough Oreos. Just the right level of sweetness. Hard to stop eating these!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong sweet smell, with lots of vanilla and maybe a hint of cinnamon.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road