Taste test: We've reviewed several coconut-flavored Oreos — Fudge Cremes Coconut Delight, Coconut Thins and Thins Bites Fudge Dipped Coconut Creme — and one thing they all had in common was that none of them contained any actual coconut (another thing being that that all all really did taste like coconut). That isn't necessarily a bad thing, since I find the texture of coconut to be the worst aspect of it.
This flavor clearly aimed to change the artificial thing, as the flavor description declared "with coconut pieces," which showed up in the Ingredients as "Dried Coconut." The sandwiches had the usual chocolate Oreo cookies, with a very light brown color for the filling. There did appear to be some stuff in the filling, presumably the coconut bits.
I crunched in to find mostly a mix of creamy caramel and chocolate, with just little hints of coconut that were hard to even notice amid the other flavors. I could hardly notice the texture of the coconut bits, as I could feel a few bits of something remaining in my mouth, but they didn't really feel too much like coconut. A good, intense taste from the chocolate and caramel, but oddly, the first Oreo with real coconut hardly tasted like coconut.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More caramel than coconut. Really, barely any coconut.
From the package: “Caramel coconut flavored cream artificially flavored with coconut pieces”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (343 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Coconut (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road