Taste test: This limited edition of Oreos was dark. Very dark. The picture on the wrapper showed a dark brown filling between the nearly-black Oreo cookies, but when I opened the package, the brownie batter filling looked actually just about equally as dark as the cookies. The lack of contrast between the cookies and the filling gave them kind of a strange, un-Oreo-like look.
I crunched in to find that there was as much chocolate as it looked like there would be, and yet they did this without going overboard with sweetness. It tasted kind of like brownie batter, but also kind of like chocolate frosting (either of which would be a good thing). The taste was creamy and very good. Even though they kept the sweetness in check, this was still a great one to have with a tall glass of cold milk. Very good!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very intense chocolate smell. Just smelling the package made we want some cold milk.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published August 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road