Taste test: With Halloween fast approaching, it's important to start thinking about what cookies you'll be eating on that scary night.
This year the Oreo folks have changed things up a bit, saying goodbye to their Halloween Oreo and making some changes with this new product. Like the previous one, it offered a generous orange filling (with original Oreo taste) and five holiday designs on one face of the sandwich, with the conventional Oreo design on the opposite face.
What changed? New designs — a jack-o-lantern, bat with "dare to dunk" slogan, spider web, flying witch with broomstick and ghost saying "Boo" — and a bigger package. The previous one was a bit larger than standard Oreo packages (15.35 vs. 14.3 oz.) but this time they were even more generous, with 20 ounces of Oreoage! I'm not sure if there's a standard conversion table of ounces to Oreos, but in this case that equalled three rows of 13 each. The taste and texture were again standard Oreos, but the combination of designs, orange filling and more sandwiches than usual had us impressed.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Oreos smell.
From the package: “5 spooky Halloween designs” ... “Orange colored creme — same taste”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road