Taste test: This latest limited-edition Oreo flavor promised a taste as American as apple pie. In fact, it actually promised the taste of apple pie! The cookies had a color similar to Golden Oreos, though the package said they were graham-flavored, and the filling wasn't too far off from the cookies in color, but it kind of looked like peanut butter.
I crunched in to find a nice mildly sweet graham taste from the cookie and a very sweet apple taste from the filling. Maybe too sweet. It certainly tasted like apple something, but the flavor didn't really say "apple pie" to me. The contrast between the cookies and the filling was probably supposed to work like the pastry and sugary apple in an apple pie, but it just didn't quite work.
Unfortunately, after shifting package sizes back to 12.2 ounces for some recent limited editions, they went with the 10.7-ounce package for this one. So less Apple Pie Oreos for you.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Reminds me of some apple snacks, but very graham cracker-like, so not a real match for apple pie.
From the package: “Graham flavored cookie” ... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (152 snacks)
- Cookies (613 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (436 snacks)
- Limited Editions (411 snacks)
- Sandwiches (278 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (77 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Daisy Chow at Shaw's at Boston University. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road