Taste test: This latest limited-edition Oreo flavor promised a taste as American as apple pie. In fact, it actually promised the taste of apple pie! The cookies had a color similar to Golden Oreos, though the package said they were graham-flavored, and the filling wasn't too far off from the cookies in color, but it kind of looked like peanut butter.
I crunched in to find a nice mildly sweet graham taste from the cookie and a very sweet apple taste from the filling. Maybe too sweet. It certainly tasted like apple something, but the flavor didn't really say "apple pie" to me. The contrast between the cookies and the filling was probably supposed to work like the pastry and sugary apple in an apple pie, but it just didn't quite work.
Unfortunately, after shifting package sizes back to 12.2 ounces for some recent limited editions, they went with the 10.7-ounce package for this one. So less Apple Pie Oreos for you.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Reminds me of some apple snacks, but very graham cracker-like, so not a real match for apple pie.
From the package: “Graham flavored cookie” ... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (641 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (285 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road