Taste test: This box contained three individual foil packets, each holding two Oreo-like sandwiches. The outer faces of the cookies had a floral design that was remotely Oreo-like, but different. The major change was the size of the round cookies — they were quite noticeably bigger than Oreos.
The difference was stark enough that measuring tools weren't necessary to confirm it, but I got an Oreo and a ruler anyway. The Oreo measured 1-3/4 inches in diameter, while Nissin came in at an even 2 inches. That doesn't sound like much of a difference, but the Nissin ones really looked much bigger in person.
While measuring, it was obvious that there was a difference in color too, as the Oreo was nearly black and the Nissin cookies were dark brown.
So the cookies were big, but unfortunately, that was about all they had going for them. The taste was pretty mediocre, as they had a much weaker chocolate taste than Oreos. Not a bad taste, just a bland one, not satisfying my chocolate craving. Luckily, I had an Oreo on hand!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Cocoa cookies are made only from the best ingredients for your eating pleasure.” ... “Cream Sandwich Cookies” ... “Product of China”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road