Taste test: This snack looked like it was going to be similar to Strawberry Newtons (which aren't as good as Fig Newtons, but are still good) except thicker and with the whole exterior covered in dough, rather than having the fruit exposed at two ends of each piece.
The package contained 8 of the cakes/cookies.Unfortunately, when I bit in, I found that the similarity ended there — the dough-to-fruit ratio was higher with these, and the dough just didn't taste good. I'm not certain whether the strawberry tasted good or not, because it was hard to separately it through the dough, but suspect it did not. I had high expectations for this snack, but it didn't work out at all.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet strawberry smell.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road