Taste test: Unlike some of the limited-edition Oreos that get lots of prerelease buzz before we can find any, this one just popped up out nowhere. And oh, boy did it pop up! Lots of stores suddenly had huge, not-so-limited supplies. And they even packaged them in the same 15.25-oz. packages as original Oreos, rather than the 10.7-oz. ones that have been used lately for limited editions.
The sandwiches looked like regular Oreos, with no change in color to the cookies or filling. But when we crunched in, they certainly didn't taste the same. There was a strong, sweet, fake-fruit flavor that quite reminded us of Fruity Pebbles cereal. It reminded us even more of a past (non-mystery) limited-edition Oreo: Fruity Crisp Oreo, which added some colorful spots to the white filling but otherwise seemed the same as these. The flavor just didn’t work as an Oreo filling. Too sweet, and didn't go well with the chocolate. Don't even try it without some milk to wash it down. I think people are going to end up with a lot of unfinished packages of these!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very sweet, like Fruity Pebbles.
From the package: “Mystery flavor cream artificially flavored” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road