Taste test: These cookies were shaped like Vienna Fingers, and indeed they were a lot like them, but there was a big difference, since these were not sandwiches and lacked the filling. The surfaces of the actual cookies differed from the ones pictured on the package. The picture showed MARILAN in all capital letters on each cookie, while the real cookies had M-a-r-i-l-a-n spelled out without all caps, separated by hyphens. The pattern of holes differed too, as the picture showed 17 holes in a consistent spacing pattern (save for where the word was) while the real cookies had 22 holes, with different spacing at the ends.
We crunched in to find a nice cookie crunch and nice mildly sweet taste — not as sweet as filled Vienna Fingers, but otherwise similar in taste and texture. These would be great for dipping into something sweet, or into tea or coffee, but they were ver good to just eat on their own as a snack.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet smell, reminded me of Vienna Fingers (even though there was no filling).
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road