Taste test: This is the third brand of ginger cookies from Sri Lanka that we've reviewed recently. In every case, they came in a long, rectangular box with two separate packets, and the cookies looked nearly identical. The Break-O-Day ones had 12 cookies per packet, and the CBL Munchee ones had 14. This time they apparently decided to split the difference — yes, 13 cookies per packet!
We crunched in to find that the round cookies had a strong crunch and a nice sweet ginger taste. The ginger wasn't quite as strong as the CBL Munchee version, but it was still a good helping of ginger. Good cookies!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild sweet ginger smell.
From the package: “Biscotti aroma di zenzero” ... “Product of Sri Lanka”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at India Market, Waltham. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road