Taste test: These Oreos were released alongside two other surprising flavors, Cherry Cola and Piña Colada, for the first Oreo flavor contest that we're aware of. The sandwiches had the same beige cookies as Golden Oreos, with a filling that was off-white. I crunched in to find a nice sweet flavor, vaguely maple-like, but not anything like kettle corn. For a good kettle corn, I expect a light sweetness along with some saltiness. I liked the taste and level of sweetness here, but it was too sweet for kettle corn, and the saltiness was absent.
The package promised "puffed millet pieces" inside the creme, but they weren't immediately obvious visually. When I pulled open a sandwich to reveal the creme, I could see a few of those pieces, just slightly contrasted against the creme. Licking just the creme, I could feel a light crunch from those pieces, but when eating the whole sandwich the normal way, that light crunch was overshadowed by the much stronger cookie crunch and was not noticeable.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like Golden Oreos, but sweetened with some maple, but really not anything like popcorn or kettle corn.
From the package: “With puffed millet pieces” ... “#MyOREOcreation 3 new flavors you pick the winner!”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Kettle Corn (86 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road