Taste test: These Snackwell's-style cookies came in a plastic tray to prevent them from scraping into each other, while leaving enough of a gap between cookies that there were only 12 of them.
The tray kept the cookies in decent (but far from perfect) condition. One ususual feature was that each cookie had two gaping holes on one side, as it appeared there was something stuck into each cookie to hold it while it got coated on all sides, and whatever that was generally didn't get removed very cleanly. Also, some of the cookies had some other dents in their smooth surfaces. As for the taste of the cookies, "Devil's Food" generally denotes chocolate with creme filling, and the picture on the box showed a thin creme layer between the soft(ish) cake center and the smooth(ish) chocolate coating. The actual creme layer was quite a bit thinner than it showed in the picture. Very thin. The taste was still pretty good, as was the texture, but I had these with a glass of cold milk, which served as something of a substitute for the largely missing creme. Not bad, but these really fell short of their potential with the various flaws mentioned, particularly the bare minimum level of creme filling.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Decent fudge smell. Sweet.
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Company: Interstate Brands Corporation
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road