Hellema Pisa Double Chocolate
Taste test: These cookies looked kind of like Pepperidge Farm's Milano cookies, as they had a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two thin butter cookies that were sort of rectangular but curved at the ends.
In this case, the curve was less pronounced than the fully rounded ends of the Milano cookies. But far more importantly, the chocolate layer was even thicker than what Pepperidge Farm delivers, and the taste was really good, with a nice soft crunch and great chocolate taste, better even than Milano. As if that were not enough, although this looked like a similar kind of bag to Pepperidge Farm, the folks at Hellema managed to squeeze more cookies into it, with a tray containing three stacks of cookies. Our snackers were all very impressed, and these cookies provided the chocolate fix that they needed.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice chocolate smell.
From the package: “Crunchy cookies filled with delicious Belgian milk chocolate” ... “Hellema is a unique Dutch family company with 150 years' experience in baking the most delicious cookies.” ... “Product of the Netherlands”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Netherlands (19 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road