Taste test: These cookies looked kind of like hippopotamuses (but just to check, I did a Google image search for "hippopotamus", and none of the real ones looked as friendly as the cookies did).
The top of the hippo had markings for eyes, eyebrows and nose, and the sides were covered with many small pieces of chocolate, plus a minority of white pieces. Biting in revealed that humps had the feel of thin, light wafer cookie sticks, and they were filled with a puddling-like substance, with vanilla on the bottom and chocolate on top. The whole experience was very rich and very good. Our snackers were quite skeptical before biting into their Happy Hippos, but everyone ended up being absolutely thrilled with the taste. Superb!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice, really smells like a cup of hot chocolate.
From the package: “Delicious individually wrapped hippo shaped biscuits witha milk and cocoa filling” ... “Now crispier than ever!” ... “Milk and cocoa”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road