Taste test: This Walmart store-brand Oreo Double Stuf knockoff followed all of the same basic conventions as Oreos. The only significant difference visually was a different design on the cookies' outer faces, though it was still a floral type of theme.
The double-filled sandwiches did indeed have quite a lot of filling, just like the corresponding Oreos. I bit in to find a slightly stronger crunch initially, which was fine, but the taste just fell flat. The success of Oreos comes from the interplay between the chocolate and the creme, but this time the chocolate was way too bland. The creme tasted different, not necessarily any worse, but the combination of cookie and creme just didn't do it for me. Not a horrible taste or anything, but so bland that I can't advise this as a reasonable alternative to real Oreos.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely different from Oreos. Just kind of bland, as neither the chocolate nor the creme shined in the same way.
From the package: “Made with real cocoa”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Company: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road