Taste test: I'm a big fan of Fig Newtons, and I've found that various knockoffs of them are generally good too, with the major variations focusing on texture and moisture levels. After reviewing Great Value's Oreo knockoff and finding it to be subpar, my expectations here were not high.
Surprise! It turned out that these were the best Fig Newton knockoffs ever, and in fact that were even better than the actual Fig Newtons. What stood out was that the soft texture seemed to be exactly same for both the fig filling and the pastry exterior, with a great moist feel, plus there was tons of great sweet fig flavor. Just superb!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Made with Real Fruit” ... “0g Trans Fat Per Serving” ... “No Cholesterol”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Company: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road