But they made some significant changes. This was the only kind with a "Golden Oreo" cookie instead of the standard chocolate one, and this was also the only kind without a plain fudge exterior, as they added colored sprinkles to the top. (I'm a little skeptical of considering Golden Oreos to really be Oreos, but that's a whole other issue.) Our tasters were impressed, as people thought that these really did taste like birthday cake. It seemed like the creme filling wasn't standard Oreo filling, but maybe something with more of a cake frosting type of flavor. People really liked them and went back for seconds and thirds.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, they really do smell like a birthday cake.
From the package: “For our 100th Birthday, Oreo is here to remind you and your family that there'a a kid in each and every one of us who deserves to be set free every now and then. It's time to slow down. It's time to play. It's time to get back to that carefree feeling of childhood.”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road