Taste test: These limited edition cookies weren't the first to be called Gingerbread Oreos, but they were a different product from the ones we reviewed in 2015. That time, it was a gingerbread-flavored (and colored) filling inside Golden Oreo cookies; this time, it's gingerbread-flavored (and colored) cookies with a white cream with some red stuff (described as "crunchy sugar crystals") embedded inside.
The other change was that instead of the standard Oreo markings, these had five different Christmas-themed designs — a Christmas tree, "Oreo Joy," a gingerbread man, "Oreos for Santa" and a gingerbread house — on one side of each sandwich, while keeping the standard design on the opposite side.
I crunched in to find lots of crunch and a great taste, definitely like gingerbread, with generous frosting. The crunch from the red sugar bits in the frosting was hard to notice amid all of the crunch from the cookies, but it was slightly noticeable. Good cookies, especially with milk!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, really does smell like gingerbread!
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Gingerbread flavored cookie naturally and artificially flavored creme with crunchy sugar crystals” ... “5 Festive Designs”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (152 snacks)
- Cookies (623 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Sandwiches (280 snacks)
- Ginger Snacks (57 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wegmans. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road