Taste test: These wafers were big in may ways, as the package was thicker than your typical wafer pack, the individual wafers were on the large side, plus each had an unusually high number of layers. The pack contained two layers of eight wafers each, so the total of 16 wasn't a standout. Each piece had nine layers: five wafer layers surrounding four cream layers, for a total thickness of nearly three-quarters of an inch. There wasn't a whole of difference in color between the cream and wafer layers, as both were close shades of light brown.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and light feel, with a low overall density, but the chocolate factor was very low here. There was some chocolate to taste but really not much. For a snack with Cream right in its name, and four cream layers in each piece, it didn't taste or feel all that creamy, or even creamy at all. Not truly bad or anything, but way too bland. We'd like a lot more chocolate in our chocolate wafers.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Unusual chocolate smell. Kind of like hot cocoa powder, but not quite.
From the package: “Ingredients: wheat flour, vegetable shortening (palm oil) (contains antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherols), soy lecithin), Sugar, Whole Milk Powder, Cocoa Powder (contains buffer and neutralizing agent (potassium carbonate)) Corn Starch, Colour (caramel, carmine), Coconut Oil, Artificial Flavouring, Buffer and Neutralizing Agent (sodium bicarbonate, ammonium bicarbonate), Emulsifier (soy lecithin), Salt (contains anticaking agent (sodium ferrocyanide))”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Hong Kong (27 reviews)
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road