Taste test: This packet of six sandwich cookies from Mexico followed a much different format than we typically see. From the outside, it looked like there was almost no gap between the top and bottom cookies, and that most of the filling was pushed up into the grid of large holes in the top cookie. But when I pulled one of the sandwiches apart (which took some very careful, slow work, as the caramel had a very thick consistency) it turned out that there was a lip around the edge of the bottom cookie, creating a hidden cavity. The filling had a typical caramel color and was billed as Cajeta, a substance that I hadn't heard of, but turns out to be a goat milk caramel.
I bit in to find that filling gave the sandwich a great chewy feel. This Cajeta wasn't your typical caramel at all, but was really quite delicious. Great!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice!
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road