Taste test: This packet of six sandwich cookies from Mexico followed a much different format than we typically see. From the outside, it looked like there was almost no gap between the top and bottom cookies, and that most of the filling was pushed up into the grid of large holes in the top cookie. But when I pulled one of the sandwiches apart (which took some very careful, slow work, as the caramel had a very thick consistency) it turned out that there was a lip around the edge of the bottom cookie, creating a hidden cavity. The filling had a typical caramel color and was billed as Cajeta, a substance that I hadn't heard of, but turns out to be a goat milk caramel.
I bit in to find that filling gave the sandwich a great chewy feel. This Cajeta wasn't your typical caramel at all, but was really quite delicious. Great!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice!
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (123 reviews)
- Cookies (603 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (334 snacks)
- Sandwiches (273 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Cindy Chen in Cancun. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road