Taste test: For this version of Oreos, Nabisco rotated through four designs (a football, a quarterback throwing a football, a helmet and an X's and O's diagram) for one cookie in each sandwich and used the standard Oreo markings on the other one. They also doubled the creme filling — an extra bonus not mentioned on the package.
The taste was standard Oreo Double Stuf, a good chocolate crunch and creamy taste. The football artwork was OK, but it seemed overdone. They busied up the quarterback ones with six extra footballs floating around in the air, and even the football one had six small footballs apparently orbiting the big one. I'm guessing the thing in the middle of the X's and O's was supposed to be a player rushing, but it looked more like a dolphin. The helmet cookie was depicted on the package, but the helmets on the actual cookies sure looked a lot more scuffed up than that one.
These were the first Oreos I've bought that were packaged with a pull tab on the front. It allowed direct access to the cookies without having to rip open the end and pull out the tray, so it was pretty handy.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Oreo smell.
From the package: “4 fun designs! Same great taste!” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (640 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (285 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road