Taste test: A few years back, Nabisco brought us the original Football Oreos as round Oreos with football-related designs on one cookie out of each sandwich. This product had the same "Football Oreo" name on the package, but it wasn't the same, as they went one better and made the cookies in the shape of a football.
They again varied the designs from one sandwich to the next, as one side always had the football stitches, while the opposite side used five different designs: a helmet with the Football Oreo logo; the phrase "Lick the Competition!"; the word "Touchdown!"; the words "Field Goal" with a goal post and Oreo football between the uprights; and a quarterback, wearing an Oreo Football uniform, throwing a pass.
I was impressed by the quality of these, as the illustrations on the cookies had lines that were crisp and the didn't suffer from scuffing as the original Football Oreos did. As for taste, they predictably were the same as regular Oreos. But the football shape was more fun to eat, plus great for dipping into milk.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Normal Oreos smell.
From the package: “New football shape! Same great taste!” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (640 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Sandwiches (285 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road