Taste test: A few years back, Nabisco brought us the original Football Oreos as round Oreos with football-related designs on one cookie out of each sandwich. This product had the same "Football Oreo" name on the package, but it wasn't the same, as they went one better and made the cookies in the shape of a football.
They again varied the designs from one sandwich to the next, as one side always had the football stitches, while the opposite side used five different designs: a helmet with the Football Oreo logo; the phrase "Lick the Competition!"; the word "Touchdown!"; the words "Field Goal" with a goal post and Oreo football between the uprights; and a quarterback, wearing an Oreo Football uniform, throwing a pass.
I was impressed by the quality of these, as the illustrations on the cookies had lines that were crisp and the didn't suffer from scuffing as the original Football Oreos did. As for taste, they predictably were the same as regular Oreos. But the football shape was more fun to eat, plus great for dipping into milk.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Normal Oreos smell.
From the package: “New football shape! Same great taste!” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (150 snacks)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Cookies (596 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (379 snacks)
- Sandwiches (268 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road