Taste test: After offering up two Peeps-themed Oreos for Easter in the last two years (with golden cookies in 2017 and chocolate ones in 2018), the Nabisco folks really cranked up their efforts this time!
Despite the wide variety of flavor and colors of the limited edition Oreos we've reviewed, none deviated from being round, but this time, they took on an egg shape. They also created four Easter-themed designs for the cookie faces, plus an adaptation of the standard Oreo design to fit the new shape for the opposite side. Plus, the filling was purple!
In creating the egg shape, they kept the long dimension about the same as usual while trimming the other one. The result was a noticeably smaller sandwich. The package had 21 of them, but it weighed only 8.5 oz., making this the lightest limited-edition package yet.
The taste and crunch were pretty much standard Oreos, as the purple filling didn't seem to have any special flavor.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Standard Oreo chocolate smell.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Egg shaped cookies with four fun Easter designs!” ... “Purple creme”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (151 snacks)
- Chocolate (1756 snacks)
- Cookies (605 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (386 snacks)
- Easter Snacks (46 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road