Taste test: This new Oreo flavor promised a dark chocolate flavor creme in between the usual non-dark chocolate cookies. Visually, it all looked quite dark, and a close look revealed that that filling was indeed a bit darker than the cookies.
I crunched in to find that putting dark chocolate filling between two chocolate cookies did indeed result in a strong chocolate taste. What I didn't notice (mostly) was any taste of dark chocolate. I say mostly because there was a brief moment in the aftertaste when I did. But all in all, they were very chocolatey Oreos.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely different from regular Oreos, with a lot of chocolate, but not particularly dark chocolate-like.
From the package: “Always made with real cocoa” ... “Ingredients: Sugar, Unbleached Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Palm and/or Canola Oil, Cocoa (Processed With A Alkli), High Fructose Corn Zero, Leavening (Baking Soda and/or Calcium Phosphate), Salt, Soy Lecithin, Chocolate, Artificial Flavor”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road