Taste test: This large, thin package contained two layers of cookies, with five detachable rectangular pieces in each sheet, stuck together edge-to-edge. The surfaces looked somewhat like Saltine crackers, with a pattern of holes, but they also had a bit of a shiny glaze in places and some dark fruity areas of currant, unevenly distributed.
I crunched in to find a bit of a dry feel on the first bite, with a light crunch from the cookies, but also a chewy and moister feel when encountering the berries. There were many more berries inside than could be seen jutting through the exterior. The taste was a bit tart but also fairly sweet. The cookies made a lot of crumbs. They were sort of dry, but I enjoyed the taste quite a bit as I alternated bites with sips from a glass of cold milk. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good strong, tart and sweet berry smell.
From the package: “Golden crispy biscuits filled with currants” ... “Baking with pride and expertise for 200 years” ... “Made in the UK”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Joshua Wilson. Review published December 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road