Taste test: Here we go again, it's a chocolate hazelnut version of Oreo — but not that Chocolate Hazelnut Oreo from 2018 — because this time they switched from Golden Oreo cookies to chocolate ones. What stayed the same was that they made a Nutella version of Oreo without licensing the Nutella name.
The creme layer was brown, but it was significantly lighter than the cookies. Thickness of filling varied, but most were pretty thick, and it looked rich and creamy.
I crunched in to find that the creme had the typical Oreo creme texture, and surprisingly the dominant taste was hazelnut, more so than the other version, and more so than licking Nutella off a spoon. This was particularly unexpected because of the chocolate cookies. All in all, I liked the taste of the Golden Oreo version better, a better rendition of the (unnamed) Nutella flavor. But also of note, unlike the other, this one was not labeled as a limited edition, so get used to it!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More like Oreos than Nutella, but I could smell a hint of the hazelnut.
From the package: “Always made with real cocoa” ... “Contains a bioengineered food ingredient”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published January 2021.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road