Taste test: These limited-edition Oreos put a Nutella-like filling in between two Golden Oreo cookies, but the Oreo folks conspicuously avoided using the word Nutella anywhere on the package. This is consistent with the past tendency of Oreo not to license well-known brands when incorporating their flavors into limited-edition Oreos — witness the "Not Rice Krispies Treats" Marshmallow Crispy Oreo, "Not Fruity Pebbles" Fruity-Crisp Oreo, "Not Red Hots" Hot & Spicy Cinnamon and "Not Cinnabon" Cinnamon Bun. (Three notable exceptions were Dunkin' Donuts, Swedish Fish and DQ Blizzard flavors.)
I crunched in to find that the filling had the consistency of the regular Oreo creme, with a flavor that was very much like Nutella, including all of the intensity of flavor that you would expect. It you like Nutella, you should like this!
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, but kind of like Nutella.
From the package: “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Cookies (637 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Hazelnut Snacks (51 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published January 2018.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road