Taste test: While the original flavor of Chips Ahoy! Thins was a thinner version of a well-established product, this cinnamon sugar one followed the same form factor but had a formula that was all new to the Chips Ahoy brand, as far as we're aware.
The cookies were fairly thin — as expected — but really not super thin, by thin standards. The picture on the package showed a lot of whitish chips on the top of the cookie, but the actual cookies had fewer chips visible, though it appeared that they were just within the dough, rather than jutting out the top.
I crunched in to find a brittle crunch and a nice sugar cookie taste with just a hint of cinnamon. The cookies were very crumbly and could leave behind quite a mess of crumbs to clean up if you're not careful, but they did taste quite good.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More sugar than cinnamon (by far) but it turns out that it's a great combination.
From the package: “thin & crispy” ... “enlarged to show detail” ... “Per 4 cookies: 150 Calories, 2.5g Sat Fat 13% DV, 60mg Sodium 3% DV, 12g Sugars” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published August 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road