Taste test: This new version of Chips Ahoy created quite a stir among our snackers, as many people anticipated bad things and some weren't even willing to try them. We opened the package to find that the cookies looked mostly like the ones pictured on the package, with two flavors of chips (root beer and vanilla) on top, but the vanilla chips were a definite beige in color, not white as shown, and the root beer chips weren't as perfectly shaped or as shiny as shown.
We bit in to find a soft feel and a real root beer float flavor. The root beer chips didn't look all that different from chocolate chips, but there didn't seem to be be any chocolate chips, making this the first kind of Chips Ahoy we've tried that didn't have any chocolate. The taste won over some skeptics. Many of our tasters gave a thumbs-up, but not everyone, though everyone who tried said the taste was indeed just like a root beer float.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a root beer. But not strong.
From the package: “Soft Cookies” ... “Crammed with naturally & artificially flavored root beer & vanilla chips”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published April 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road