Taste test: After reviewing all sorts of weird versions of Chips Ahoy and being disappointed by most of them, I came upon this dollar store-size pack of the Original ones, as well as the Chunky variety, and figured, let's see how their cookies without all the gimmicks rate.
The cookies were midsize and round, with some fault lines on top, plus a generous supply of chocolate chips showing through the top, though those chips didn't look nearly as mouth-watering as the ones pictured on the wrapper.
I crunched in to find a very crumbly feel, with a very nice level of chocolate, the result of those chips I could see on top, plus more inside. Even with the good intensity of chocolate, there was a nice balance between the dough and the chocolate. But they were so crumbly that it was far from being the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
The label declared that three cookies constituted one serving, rated at 160 calories, a contrast to the Chunky ones, which only let you eat two cookies for the same calorie total. (The entire pack was labeled as King Size and contained 10 cookies. So if you ever become king, you get to eat 10 cookies. I'm talking to you, Prince Charles.)
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong chocolate chip cookie smell, pretty good.
From the package: “Real Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road