Taste test: These ice cream-themed cookies were dark brown in color overall, with some similarly colored chocolate chunks, plus some very light green mint chunks.
That's the a reversal of the colors of most Mint Chocolate Chip (which just happens to be the best of all ice cream flavors). We bit in to find the cookies were indeed soft and chewy, with a mix of chocolate and mint. It did taste somewhat like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, but it wasn't a perfect match. It wasn't that the mint/chocolate balance was that far off, but it just didn't hit the ice cream flavor quite right, so it was more like a mint fudge brownie. Some other snacks promising Mint Chocolate Chip were much closer — including one kind of popcorn. Pretty good, but not really much of a substitute for ice cream — would rather have a bowl of Mint Chocolate Chip with some regular (non-chewy) Chips Ahoy cookies to dip into it.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, but it does smell a lot like mint chip ice cream.
From the package: “Real Chocolate Chip Cookies” ... “Crammed with real chocolate chips and mint chunks”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Chips Ahoy! (27 snacks)
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Cookies (641 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published April 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road