Taste test: I've become very skeptical over the years of the various limited-edition versions of Chips Ahoy, particularly chewy varieties, but the lure of a cinnamon donut was just too much to prevent me from buying this one.
I grabbed a cookie to find that the actual cookies looked much less enticing than the big one pictured on the package. Both featured two kinds of chips (off-white ones and beige ones) but the chips lacked the curvy shapes shown in the picture, and the darker of the two chip types didn't have the golden look of the ones pictured, with minimal contrast against the cookie dough, which itself looked duller than pictured.
Sure it matters what cookies look like, but it's far more important how they taste, and these tasted quite good, with a nice sweet cinnamon flavor. The package promised that there was some apple flavor as well, and though the ingredients were lacking in any apple, there was kind of an apple sweetness. We shared the cookies around, and tasters were split on whether the cookies tasted like cinnamon donuts, but everyone who tried one liked the taste, in some cases raving about it.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Yes, a lot like a cinnamon donut.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Cinnamon & Apple Donut Flavored Chips”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Chips Ahoy! (27 snacks)
- Cookies (641 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (161 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published September 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road